I Read It for the Articles, Only!

So, I finally got a chance to look over the redesigned Playboy project that I shared a few weeks ago. I read over what the concept was all about and it was not what I was expecting at all. It was going forward by going back to the original feel of the early days of Playboy of the 50s, 60s and 70s, where it was about sophistication and the gentleman. The bunny is then replaced by the sly fox, who has eaten the iconic bunny, and all that is left is the bow tie hanging from its mouth. But the bunny isn't the only thing that was taken by that fox. The beautiful, girls-next-door that ARE Playboy was said to be unnecessary. The models are what makes the magazine and the brand. Without them, Playboy is just another magazine that might not have survived 50-plus years. The concept of the new version of the magazine, was reading it for the articles and bringing back the gentleman.



I'm all for bringing back the feel and atmosphere of when Playboy was in its golden years of the 60s and 70s but it all 
circled the main focus, the Playboy Playmate centerfold. It wouldn't be the same without the beautiful girls. Sometime in the future, I hope to create my own magazine with substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...